Saturday, August 23, 2014

Today's Workout

Skipped our spin class as my legs are blown. Resting them for tomorrow's trail run. I'm shooting for 8 miles with some nice hills. Decided to lift and work core instead.

I got really upset first set...then I took a deep breath, pulled my baseball cap down low, cranked up my "get swole" playlist and pushed as hard as I could push. Frustrating how weak I am still. Gotta remind myself every time I set foot in the weight room that I'm focusing on endurance and eating to fuel my running etc...I'm not eating to fuel my lifting and I'm not focusing on heavy weights less reps right now. I'm still there, I'm still doing it and I'm still miles ahead of where I was 3 plus years ago! I need to get my self esteem back in the weight room. I feel SO out of place. **sigh**

Today's workout--
Superset--
Curls with  bar 4 x 12 1st set 35lbs , last 3 45 lbs
DB shoulder press 4 x 12  20's first two sets then moved to bar with 45 lbs for the last two.
DB one arm row 4 x 12 30's

Tricep KBs 4 x 12 15's
Tricep skull crushers 4 x 12 25's
DB hammer curls 4 x 12 20's one set then 25's the rest
Bench Dips 4 x 12

Core circuit
Med ball roll outs 16 reps, 14 reps
bicycles (legs straight) 50, 40
side bends 16,14
hip raises 16, 14

No comments:

Post a Comment