Sunday, August 24, 2014

Today's 8 Mile Trail Run Recap

Got up around 550 am, got dressed, ate a leftover grilled chicken thigh, some grilled yams and a glass of OJ and got the pork ribs for dinner in the slow cooker before I headed out. Picked up my running peeps and headed over to Brushy Peak. Decided to take the easier (nominally) hill instead of the beast hill this time. Felt really tired as soon as I got started but I pushed ahead. My legs felt ok..just heavy. No pain though which was my main concern starting out. My stupid water bottles on my fuel belt kept falling out which really annoyed me. Once I got to where I could loop back to the parking lot, I did so. I dropped one bottle off and kept the other (with watered down coconut water and sea salt) in my hand as I ran. I was headed back off to the trail and  I saw my friend Sunny. She's an amazing athlete and I was happy to see her. I knew she'd be good for my flagging energy and would run with me (ok...in front of me because home girl is FAST). I knocked out a few miles with her and we parted ways since she was headed to do more miles that I was interested in trying. I headed back towards the parking lot and my entire fuel belt went flying off. Apparently it hates me now!  I got to the parking lot, tossed my other water bottle by my car and did a few random loops to get to my 8 miles. Met up with everyone else, chatted and took a group photo before we all headed our separate ways. It takes a special kind of crazy to get up on a Sunday morning for a 7am meet up to torture yourself with hills. Thanks for being that kind of nutty guys! :) Let's do it again soon. Just not tomorrow!



I managed to knock out 8.01 miles with an overall average pace of 10:43. My elevation gain with all the hills was 1502. I don't feel bottomed out like I did after last trail run so that's a plus.

http://runkeeper.com/user/728668836/activity/420421165?&activityList=false&tripIdBase36=6yb31p

If anyone has recommendations for what sort of water vest/backpack I should look into, PLEASE let me know. The fuel belt debacle was a pain in my ass and I don't need a repeat of it. Happy healthy Sunday all! Go have some fun and do something you love!

1 comment: