Wednesday, August 6, 2014

The Beginning

Finally got off my ass and got this blog started. Here's a bit of background for those of you who don't know me--

I've dropped from a size 12 (which was too snug..probably more like a 14) to a comfortable size 2 or 4 (depending on the brand) in about a year and 1 half's time. I've been trying to maintain my new body and also build muscle. It's been a SLOW process for sure.  I'm a busy stay at home mom to an 8 year old son. I love lifting heavy, running, cycling and eating up all the foods! I do eat a mostly Paleo diet as gluten/soy/corn are not my friends. I love to cook and my friends/family seem to be fans of the foods I make as well.

I love working out. I love the stress relief it provides and that my son sees me as a good role model. I do struggle, however, with loving myself. Low self esteem has always been an issue for me and no matter how much I improve my physical being, the struggle for self acceptance remains the same. Working on that....always.

I've taken some time off from running to work on lifting heavy. Recently I decided to sign up for another 5k. It's on August 30th. My hope is that I'll kill my current 5k PR of 22:50. We'll see if that happens or not. ;) My race stats to date are as follows--

Badger Cove 3/12 10k (First race ever..it was a muddy trail run)
1:09:30 time
10:32 pace

 Signed up for Mermaid Half but over-trained myself into a stress fracture the week before the race. BOOOO!

Grape Stomp 5k 2012
3rd in women's 30-39
25:43.1 time
8:16 pace

Roanne's Race 10K 2012
2nd women's under 50
50:07.2 time
8:04 pace

Nor Cal Half Marathon 2/2013
9th in age/gender
1:53:26

Run For the Parks 10k 2013
4th in age/gender
50:10.5

See Jane Run Half 6/13
1:52:12

MH Jingle Run 5k 12/13
22:50
2nd in age/gender group

We just got back from a pretty awesome beach trip. I decided to take a week off from the gym. We biked (did a 29 mile ride), I ran and we walked everywhere. Lots of wine was consumed and we dined out several times. I came home with some pretty pissed off guts so, I decided to hit a round of Whole 30 again.I've done a Whole 30 before and really enjoyed it. For me personally it's about slaying the sugar dragon. I can tell when I'm been consuming too much of it. I get cranky and feel like crap on a cracker. If you aren't familiar with the process, it's basically Paleo but no added sweeteners of any sort. I'll be keeping a daily log here with photos of what I ate and how I'm feeling. My game plan is to follow it to a t but if needed, I will tweak with adding back in gluten free oatmeal and brown rice since I'm pushing hard during my workouts.

 Basically I started this blog because I have a lot of things to say (rant/ramble..whatever) about fitness and nutrition. I don't want to blow up my facebook feed for the friends who could give a rat's ass about that sort of thing. This is a sounding board for my victories and defeats. It's about my journey to finding BALANCE in all things. More on the balance that I so covet at a later point.




No comments:

Post a Comment