Saturday, August 23, 2014

Rest Is OK, I Promise!

Today I'm supposed to do spin class with hubby. I honestly don't think I'm up to it. I COULD push through but I'm supposed to run an 8 mile trail run tomorrow morning. Somehow pushing through seems like a dumb idea!I don't want to get injured and my quads are so tight that they feel like rubber bands about to snap! Ouch!

I have such a hard time with taking unscheduled rest days and missing workouts. I know it's silly and I'm working on it.  I won't get big again by skipping a workout. Nobody is going to think me lazy or incapable (and if they do then they can piss off). I guess if he still wants to hit the gym then maybe I'll do some lifting and work upper body instead. Today, these legs can take a rest in preparation for tomorrow's mean run. Be good to your body friends. This means allowing it to rest when it needs to!


xoxoxo,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment