Thursday, August 7, 2014

Oh My Aching Calves and Mean People Suck...Including ME!!!

Last night I was on the fence regarding working out today. I managed to get some real sleep. Whooo! I made a lovely breakfast and decided that The Kid and I should go on a short bike ride. He tried to punk out on me feigning an icky belly (he's 8...all he wants to do is sit on his ass and play video games most of the time..I'm not down with that). Told him if he can't ride then he can't play with his friend today nor can he go to martial arts class later. That suddenly cured all his ailments...shocking I know. We decided to take the route that I ran yesterday morning to the track workout. I didn't use my running app at all so I had guessed the distance was about a mile each way. Well, according to the app I DID use this morning it was more like TWO miles each way...plus the 3 miles total I ran for my intervals. Ahhhhhh, NOW it all makes sense to me. NOW I know why my calves feel like they've been stepped on repeatedly by Lady Gaga's crazy high heels. The max I've run up to this point has been close to 5 miles. Way to SLOWLY build that back up Mighty Mouse. Hehe. Oh well, at least I know I can run around 7 miles still without keeling over dead, right? :)


Mean people suck...that includes me!
Yesterday I posted a link on my facebook about a lady who was at the beach...wearing a bikini and hanging with her kids (she has 5). These a-hole youngsters decided to give her a REALLY hard time. Mocking her, pretending to kick her in her belly etc. Well, if you know me, then you know that I'm NOT down with that kind of thing at all. As a kid who was relentlessly teased  I get angry...like panties all in a wad, Southern girl come apart angry over that sort of thing. I had all sorts of choice words for those kids in my head. Last night as I was  stepping out of the bath, I caught a glimpse of myself buck naked in the mirror (who the hell thought THAT was a good place for a full length mirror I ask?!). I started to rip myself apart in my head. Saying mean things, saying things that tore me down...I stopped suddenly. I looked myself in the eye and said "You are an asshole. You are mean..just like those kids". Whoa...stop the ride..I wanna get off! Why, I ask, is it ok to say cruel things to yourself when you are so clearly NOT cool with it happening to other people. In honor of this HUGE realization..which only took me 40 years to get to...I want to say positive things about the parts of my body that I always put down..

Hello belly...no, you aren't as ripped as I'd like for you to be BUT I do see some obliques there. I do see that you are MUCH less big than you once were. I do see that strong core that I've worked so hard to build these past few years. Thanks for expanding to maximum size to house my gigantic child. I'm sorry you had to get cut open and basically turned inside out because his head was the size of a boulder. We like food..I'm not willing to starve the rest of us just to see some definition peaking out.

Hello thighs..yes, you do rub together a bit BUT you sure do help me run fast and cycle well. You work hard when I'm squatting my body weight PLUS some. You carry me swiftly and surely through my day and I appreciate you.

Hello Baby Blue eyes...I realize that you were the source of MUCH ridicule when I was younger. I'm sad that kids were such jerks. But, you've gotten many many compliments over the years and my husband loves you. I'm glad you are on my face. You have taken in so many sights and have created so many memories in my brain. Thanks for being you and for being blue.

Would you all like to join me in saying nice things about yourself today? Do you have anything to add? Be back later today with my Whole 30 update. :) Peace out party peoples!

No comments:

Post a Comment