Sunday, August 31, 2014

My Thoughts On Attempting a Whole 60

So I'm on day 28 and I do love the food I eat. Again, it's not THAT different from the way I normally eat so no big shock on the enjoying it. I do feel pretty wiped out still....I'm not sure that I am going to extend it to a Whole 60 as I'd planned to. I think my body might be asking me to add back in the occasional bowl of GF oats or some brown rice.With the way I push my body during workouts, I have to honor that request especially with half marathon training ramping up! This does NOT mean I'm going to run out and starting drinking again or eat a whole bag of dark chocolate in celebration. I've slayed the sugar dragon which is what I wanted to do so I'll keep that part up for sure. I also just feel REALLY restricted this time around and I've not felt that way before. I think with eating the way I normally do, I have to forgo so many things that with cutting it down even further I'm feeling a bit stressed. In keeping with my desire to learn how to eat intuitively I need to give my body what it requires. It ain't asking for Twinkies so it's all good. ;)

I have a 9 miler tomorrow morning. Trying to eat up the good carbs today and I'm frankly not sure at all how I'm going to fuel during the run. I'll try some chopped up dates this time I guess....or maybe the paleo bites I'd made? I can roll them into tinier balls for easy eating. This should be interesting for sure. Sorry in advance to my running partners if I bottom out!


UPDATED--Sat down and talked to hubby. Decided we are going to continue on a modified Whole 30 for the 60 days total. I'm adding back in oats, rice and rice grits. We'll continue leaving out alcohol, sugars and legumes for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment