Tuesday, August 26, 2014

That's The Way The Energy Bites Crumble

I ate the last of the date bites last night. This made me sad so I decided today I'd fix that and also try a few new recipes in the process. We love Lara bars...they are NOT the cheapest snack so I thought I'd try my hand at making a homemade version as well.

I tried this recipe--
http://taylorrmade.wordpress.com/2013/04/18/homemade-paleo-larabar-bites/
I used part pistachio butter and part almond butter in place of the sunflower seed butter. I also added in a few extra dates and a bit more water to get them to stick together properly. Very tasty end result and I think they'll be great pre-run bites on my way out the door!



This one---
http://www.ourfamilyeats.com/2012/04/homemade-chocolate-lara-bars-recipe/
I used half almonds and half walnuts. I tried to put them in muffin tins to harden but they just fell apart so I had to scrape them all back into a bowl, add water THEN roll them into bites. Add water when you make them. Trust me. Super tasty...like brownie batter but with crunchy nuts.



And a homemade coconut cashew cream pie Lara bar--
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup cashews
1 cup pitted medjool dates
1 cup shredded coconut
2 T coconut oil
Mix together in food processor and press into pan. Put in fridge to harden.

Mine crumbled a bit when I went to cut them so I had a few that I had to just roll into balls. The rest I smashed down/shaped into bars then wrapped individually. We'll see how they turn out once they've frozen. They taste good at least! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment