Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Running Fool

Today I met some new friends for a track workout. I'll be frank here when I tell you all that I wasn't sure I'd be making it to the meet up. I had an AWFUL night's sleep...couldn't fall asleep to save my life and I woke up every effing hour. I also was in the bathroom FIVE times with a crappy (excuse the pun) stomach. Thankfully that subsided so I could get on with my day. A few of us ran to the track (roughly a mile) and back home again (who's dumbass idea was that exactly). My wonderful friend Jason had us running intervals and I'm happy to say that I ran faster than the pace his calculator had put me at. I'm hopeful that I'll PR at my 5k so we'll see what happens. I even did a lap with a parachute that someone else brought along. Talk about making it harder! I'll be playing with that again when I'm up for it. My body isn't accustomed to the big burns anymore so I've been getting hit with the hangry on and off today. Food is fuel so eat up! Here are a few photos from the workout.