Saturday, September 13, 2014

My Relationship With The Scale

This morning I decided to get on the scale and see where I'm at. I've had two rest days in a row and a half a bottle of wine last night (mmm wine! Don't judge me!!) so I figured today was the day. I looked back in my log book and apparently exactly one month ago was the last time I took a scale reading. Funny how that worked out. I was shocked to see that I weigh in at  EXACTLY the same number as I did a month ago! Like to the ounce exactly! For some reason I was expecting to see a lower number....I don't know why. It threw me for a loop and put me into a bit of a funk for a few which is STUPID! I know the scale weight means nothing in terms of fitness, I know my shorts are still fitting. I know all the things that the scale does NOT mean. So why did that number do such a number on my head? Hubby pointed out that it's a GOOD thing...it's means I probably truly haven't lost any muscle mass with all the running I've been doing. Aslo, apparently it makes no difference at all in terms of my weight if I eat sugar or not. Def impacts the way I FEEL but not the actual weight.

I wish I'd taken body measurements. Tomorrow I'm going to do just that. In a month, I'll report back with how my body is reacting to the running more, lifting lighter.



Came across this article today. Seems a great place to post it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment