Tuesday, September 9, 2014

4 Days After The Whole 30 and Where I'm At

So, I've kept it all in check pretty nicely I must say. I had what amounted to one nice glass of red wine with dinner Sunday night as we had friends over. It was tasty but I had a headache before I hit the bed and the past two days have been VERY angry guts. Now, to be fair, I did have all the angry gut stuff start  on Friday so I have a feeling the stomach wasn't the wine. I baked yesterday and used my Enjoy Life Chocolate in a few things. Tasty but didn't send me into treat overdrive which was good. I've been experimenting with date sugar I found at the store. Tasty stuff!

I've been doing some research about guts and truthfully, I think I have something more going on than just a picky body. No matter how clean I eat and how much stuff I cut out, I'm STILL dealing with the stomach issues and fatigue. This has been an ongoing issue for me for the past 2 years I think. Apparently IBS and other gut issues can also present as food intolerances along with causing fatigue. I've made a dr's appt for October 1st when the new insurance coverage starts to discuss my stomach issues. Pretty sure he'll suggest an internal look which I ain't too thrilled about BUT you gotta do what you gotta do! Bring on the clean out drink. Blah!

Workout wise--The tiredness is still kicking my ass obviously. I took my new running shoes out for a 4 miler Sunday, rested yesterday and hit the gym to lift this morning. My lifting is still VERY much off from a few months ago. Again..as I've mentioned several times ...I keep reminding myself I'm in the endurance phase with less weight, more reps while I focus on my half training. It's ok. It's all good. I'm still in there killing it as best I can...that's what matters most.

I'm trying to come up with a game plan still on the lifting and running. I don't want to end up skinny fat again from too much cardio with no lifting. I've found a 2 day a week lifting program that I used today. Pretty decent. I'll add on a bit more variety I think to the lifting days but otherwise, it hit all the big groups that need to be hit. So that 2 days a week, one long run, one short run/track workout and one day of either spin with hubby, a bike ride, another run or even a full body lifting day..that depends on my schedule. 2 days a week of solid rest. Seems a good plan to get me through to November 8th. Then I think I'm back to the land of the gym rats with shorter runs. I've talked myself out of marathon training. I don't think I'll like what it does to my body in terms of my muscle.

Food wise I'm keeping it Paleo-ish for now. Rice seems to be my friend so I'll keep it around when I need it. Trying to actively up the veggie carbs and also the good fats to make sure I'm fueled well for all this running. I "think" I'm eating enough but with the 500-700 calorie burns from the longer runs, I think I might have to track on those days. I don't want to force myself to eat but I don't want to under eat as I know that's bad news for my energy.

Still haven't stepped on the scale. With the gut issues has come some MAJOR belly bloat. I know the number I'll see will upset me and it's not a true indicator of where I'm at. I'll wait till I'm feeling better again and maybe I'll check. Then again, maybe not. ;)

Check in soon! Thanks for sticking with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment