Sunday, January 4, 2015

Whole 30 Day 2

 A few things I may do differently from some folks as this is MY Whole 30 and it's also not my first go round by any means--  I don't cut out unsweetened things like naan or baked goods as they aren't really a trigger for me and quite frankly, I need the calories when I train! I also have no issue eating a Quest bar on occasion when I have to get fast protein into my body after a big workout.  I also snack because again...calories. I'm not trying to lose a bunch of weight...I just want to tame the sugar dragon and get my belly bloat back under control. Trial and error has led me to these changes and I'm good with them.


Day 2
Rough night's sleep but I blame the cats.Woke up excited to hit the gym after 2 days of rest and ended up having a damn good session. Trained for over an hour and felt strong. Must have been the rest and tasty food before hand.
Breakfast-- plantains fried in chipotle evoo, carnitas, an egg, sauteed cabbage slaw mix with added power greens (cooked in the carnitas pan after I heated them up), OJ and a cuppa coffee with full fat coconut milk.

Post workout--I had a Quest bar after a very long, very mean weight lifting session. Had to eat something quickly to make it to Little Dude's bball practice and it was all that was in my car. No stress and no regret. Not like that's going to break my Whole 30. Later I had a handful of macadamia nuts to tide me over til lunch.

Lunch--leftover roasted chicken, veggies and more salad with Chipotle EVOO and Jalapeno balsamic. Also had some fresh pineapple.


Snack on the run-- Cashew Larabar (too sweet...wasn't feeling it), blood orange and dried mango.

Dinner--Rogan Josh made with beef instead of lamb served on sauteed broccoli slaw with power greens. Made 3 ingredient Paleo naan to go with it. :)

Stay tuned for Day 3's recap later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment