Friday, January 2, 2015

Here We Go Again Whole 30 Day 1

Alright...this was tough for me to decide to do. You guys know how I feel about restrictive eating these days. BUT, the sugar dragon is alive and roaring right now and she needs to be tamed down. Wine, treats and general crap eating have me bloated and jiggly beyond my comfort zone. I'm tired all the time, have no energy for my workouts and am feeling a bit depressed. All these are signs that I'm overdoing it on the consumption. Time for a reset. No fancy pills, no silly detox stuff...just good, clean eating. As always, I'll allow tweaks if they benefit my athletic performance. I will keep using my drizzle of balsamic and a little Kerrygold butter on occasion otherwise the usual Whole 30 rules apply--



Breakfast today was an egg on top of sauteed power greens, some bacon (had a little sugar but I'm not wasting it), OJ and coffee with full fat coconut milk.


Lunch on the go was an Epic bar with dried mangoes


Snack was 2 hard boiled eggs, a few apple slices and a few raw carrots as I made dinner.

Dinner was roasted chicken with veggies and a big salad with evoo and balsamic. Was STARVING when dinner rolled around.


Overall I feel fine. I'm a bit dehydrated and run down but that's nothing to do with the Whole 30! I'm a bit concerned with how I'm going to refuel post workout without my Quest bars. I lift pretty heavy and need immediate protein afterwards. Not really tasty or fun to carry around chicken breasts all the time. Hmmmmm...we'll see how this part goes. Again, I'll tweak if needed. The Epic bar I had today is compliant in an emergency so maybe I'll order more of those. At least they have 14 grams of protein. Stay tuned for Day 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment