Thursday, October 9, 2014

Sharing The Pain And Friendship

I know some folks are annoyed or sick of seeing the sadness posts on facebook. I'm sure one or two have even said some mean things about Sedi and him just being a cat. I understand. If we are not friends enough for you to share my feelings with then perhaps YOU should make the call to remove me from your friends list. I'm good with that. I don't need a wide circle of friends just to have a big list. I want to surround myself with people who care about me and who I care about as well. That's fair. You guys know who you are. No need to read any further...the rest of this post is for true friends......

I've had so many people contact me and tell me that they've shed tears over Sedi's situation and over my sadness. I didn't intend to make anyone else cry nor did I do it for the want of sympathy. I just felt like I wanted to share the reality of it all. I blog about and talk about my fitness struggles, I share my joy and worries on facebook with friends so why should I not share this too.

I have had so many people doing kind things for me and for my family. I'm overwhelmed with gratitude over how much support I have. I wasn't expecting anything. I didn't share for attention. What I got back from sharing our story was more than I can even put into words.

I'm amazed at how many of my friends love their pets as deeply as I do. That says a lot about the character of a person's soul in my humble opinion. To love so deeply and to mourn so honestly...it's what makes us who we are. Thank you friends. Your kind words have made this easier to deal with.





No comments:

Post a Comment