Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Decisions Have Been Made

After I published my post earlier Hubby and I had a long tearful talk about Sedi. He's drooling now. His eyes are looking wonky. His fur is matted and he's hardly even eating the canned tuna that tempted him yesterday. My once regal lion of a cat is fading fast. I see that and I know what the next step is.

Hubby called the vet who provides in home euthanasia. His voice cracked and he started to cry as he left our details for her to return his call. He said it made it even more real that this is happening. She called us back and he chatted with her for a bit. We were hoping she could come early tomorrow morning right after the Kid goes to school so we'd have time to get our shit together before we pick him up at the end of the day. She can't come til 330pm. We'll deal.

We've decided that we are going to have Sedi cremated and his ashes returned to us. I ordered a lovely lotus flower urn to put his remains in. I've said for years now that Sedi will remain with me til I die, then we'll be scattered off a mountain together. I wasn't joking.

We talked to the Kid about what's happening. We ALL think it's best that he's not here when the procedure happens. I have an amazing group of friends, several of which stepped up to offer a play date after school tomorrow. My friend T is picking him up after school is out to go play with her clan. That'll buy us some time tomorrow to do what we need to do.

Tonight is going to be a long night. I'm going to allow myself to feel whatever I need to feel and to react however I need to react. I'm going to miss the shit out of my old fella and that's all there is to is. For now, I'll cuddle him as much as he'll allow. I'll let him eat all the canned fish he wants to eat.

Hold your pets a little closer tonight my friends. Give them extra love and cuddles. Tell them you love them. Tell them that an amazingly wonderful kitty is going to earn his wings tomorrow. That's all I got y'all. Til next time.

September 13th, 2014 before he started going down hill

No comments:

Post a Comment