Thursday, June 20, 2019

No Booze Day 5

Day 5 and going strong. No night sweats for the past 2 nights, less woozy, clearer thinking and more energy....WHOOT! I've been enjoying kombucha or bubbly water (trying out several new brands) at night in my wine glass with dinner. So far so good.







I just had to turn down an impromptu happy hour with a good friend. That was really hard. I could have gone and just had bubbly water BUT I don't think I'm feeling quite that strong yet. Learning to say no in social situations is def going to be a big challenge for me. I've realized I often use booze as a way to connect with people in my life because I tend to talk more and open up more after I've had a few. I've also realized I started drinking more often as a way to try to "deal with" some stresses in my life. Didn't' really help at all in hindsight.

I'd mentioned in my last post that I was going to come up with a list of things I can do instead of drinking when the urge hits. Figured I'd share it here.


Things I can do instead of drinking booze--

Have booch or bubbly water in a fancy glass with fruit added
Try a new mocktail recipe
Take a walk
Go to garage to do some skill or mobility work
Library trip
Go visit a local park
Dance party!
Play with pups
Grab a good book and go read
Take a hot bath
Look for recipes on pinterest
Contact a support person
Journal
Put that $10 I'd spend on beer into a travel fund!

That's my quick update for now! More to come in a few days.





No comments:

Post a Comment